ABOUT ME WIDGET

About
most recent projects
Recent

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

LUCKY

It's been awhile since I've done anything 'crafty.'

Recently my husband used his creative side to redo a pool table. Since he was being so crafty, it kind of got me in the mood for it again. It didn't hurt that a store he had to go to was next to a wood craft store.

Here's my two newest projects...



A shamrock door hang and Lucky blocks.

I got both from a store called Crafty Wood Cutouts. It was the first time I've been to the store and I was really quite surprised at how similarly laid out to The Wood Connection it was. While I don't like to be mean, the whole time it felt like I was in a store that was trying to be a knock-off. I don't know which store came first, so I don't know what the truth is there. But that's my 2 cents. My husband also stated that for people who don't want to travel all the way to Murray or American Fork, had this store as a closer option. So you know, sometimes you've got to look on the good side of things.

Things this store did have going for it:
- The children's area is located in an awesome area and the 2 kids I had with me at the time, stayed in the room the whole time. They didn't even want to leave it to go home.
- The LUCKY blocks came WITH the vinyl (By the way trying to stick vinyl on glittered cardstock DOESN'T work. I had to use Mod Podge to keep the c and y in place)
- I got 5% off my order just for 'checking-in' on Facebook
- They do have different options than The Wood Connection does

I'm still happy with my purchase and yes, I'd probably go back again. There were a few other projects I was looking at, but just didn't have the funds for it all. If you're closer to Utah County than Salt Lake County in Utah, Crafty Wood Cutouts may be a better option for you.

SUPPLY LIST

SHAMROCK DOOR HANG
PAINTS: Daler/Rowney Simply Acrylic - Dark Green & Folk Art Acrylic - Winter White
RIBBON: The Ribbon Boutique - Lime & The Ribbon Boutique - Black
WIRE:  Found at The Wood Connection
FONT:  Celtic Hand

LUCKY BLOCK LETTERS
PAINTS (IN ORDER FROM L - Y): Delta Ceramcoat - Apple Green, Delta Ceramcoat - Gamal Green, Folk Art Enamels - Fresh Foliage, Delta Ceramcot - Medium Foliage Green, Daler/Rowney Simply Acrylic - Light Green
PAPERS (IN ORDER FROM L - Y): Doodlebug Design Inc. Candy Dots - Limeade, The Paper Studio - Scribble Shamrocks, Doodlebug Design Inc: Sugar Coated Cardstock - Limeade, The Paper Studio - Lime Green w/ White Polka Dots, Doodlebug Design Inc.: Sugar Coated Cardstock - Leapfrog
GLITTER: Doodlebug Design Inc. Sugar Coating - Lily White Glitter
FLOSS: We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Floss
RIBBONS:  Offray - YelGold and The Ribbon Boutique - Lime
HAT
PAINT: 
Delta Ceramcoat - Apple Green, Plaid Folk Art - Black, Plaid Folk Art - Metallic Pure Gold
PAPER:  Doodlebug Design Inc.: Sugar Coated Cardstock - Leapfrog

No comments:

Post a Comment